What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file of text harmless that it stores in your browser when visit almost any website. The utility of the cookie is that the web is capable of remember their visit when again to navigate by that page. Although much people not it knows them cookies is carried using from makes 20 years, when appeared the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What is a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, worm, spam or spyware, or open windows pop up.
What information stores a cookie?
The cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. Data that are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you you as a person if not to your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web is not you the same person is because it is actually associating with the browser, not to the person.
What type of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: they are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when a user navigates anonymous and registered one, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies of analysis: collect information about the type of navigation that is doing, the sections most used, consulted products, time of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: show advertising depending on your navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are your own cookies and third-party?
Them cookies own are the generated by the page that is visiting and them of third are those generated by services or suppliers external as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I deactivate cookies?
To understand the scope that can disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can't share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- Web site can not adapt the content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of this website, such as for example my account, or my profile or my orders.
- Online shops: it will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visit the physical store if you have it.
- Not will be possible to customize their preferences geographical as strip time, currency or language.
- The web site cannot be web analytics about visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult to be competitive the web.
- Not can write in the blog, not can upload photos, post reviews, rating or rate content. The web also may know if you is a human or an application automated that publishes spam.
- Not is may show advertising zoned, what will reduce the revenue advertising of the web.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes. Not only delete, also block, of form general or particular to a domain specific.
To remove cookies from a site you must go to your browser settings and there can find the associated to the domain in question and disposal.
Configuration of cookies for the Web more Monteiro
Below we indicate how to access a specific cookie from the Chrome browser. Note: these steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to settings or preferences by using the file menu either by clicking the icon customization listed above to the right.
- You will see different sections, click the show advanced options option.
- Go to privacy, content settings.
- Select all cookies and data sites.
- Will be shown a list with all the cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier to find a particular domain cookies enter partially or completely the direction in the field search for cookies.
- After performing this filter will appear in screen an or several lines with the cookies of the web requested. Now you just have to select it and press X to proceed to their elimination.
To access the configuration of browser cookies Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to tools, options of Internet
- Please click on privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration of browser cookies Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to options / preferences according to your operating system.
- Please click on privacy.
- In history choose use custom to record configuration.
- Now you will see the option accept cookies, can enable it or disable it according to their preferences.
To access the configuration of browser cookies for OSX Safari follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to preferences, then privacy.
- In this place you will see the option to block cookies to make it fit the lock type that you want to perform.
For access to the settings of cookies of the browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to settings, then Safari.
- Go to privacy and security, you will see the option block cookies for setting the type of lock that want to perform.
For access to the settings of cookies of the browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then settings.
- Go to security and privacy, you will see the option to accept cookies so that you select or clear the check box.
For access to the settings of cookies of the browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Open Internet Explorer, then more, then settings
- You can now enable or disable the allow cookies check box.